Abu Dhabi Corniche & Beach
The My Destination iPad Air competition: terms and conditions
- The My Destination iPad Air competition (the "Competition") is open to anyone that is not an employee or agency of My Destination Limited ("MD").
- Entry into the Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To enter the Competition you must sign in to MD, favourite a company and then provide a tip/suggestion about that business.
- A single winner will be chosen on the first (1) day of month by the content team (the "Judge") of MD. The winner will be selected based on the quality of the tip/suggestion they have published and it's helpfulness to other travellers.
- The winner will receive an iPad Air Wi-fi 16GB.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by email. The judges' decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as MD may require.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- MD reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice. The decision of MD in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- MD accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. MD further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting in connection with the Competition.
- The Competition will be governed by English law.
- Promoter: My Destination Ltd, 18A Pindock Mews, London, W9 2PY, UK.
Thanks for reporting this comment to us, our team of local experts will review it ASAP
To Add to your favourites you first need to:
Why Join? Here's why!(See terms and conditions)
Added to Trip Planner!
Unless you login items are only saved temporarily.
Why Join? Here's why!
Spend an evening on any of the nice spots on the Corniche and it is an unforgettable experience. It is crowded in the evening especially on Fridays.
Abu Dhabi Corniche & Beach
The Abu Dhabi Corniche will catch a special place in the minds of all the travelers who get an opportunity to spend a few moments along this picturesque stretch and visiting the Corniche is certainly one of the top ten ‘Things to do in Abu Dhabi’. Located along the north-western shore of Abu Dhabi, the Corniche is marked at one end by the Breakwater which includes the Marina Mall and Abu Dhabi theatre, while the other end is popular for its traditional port and Iranian souq. For hotel accommodation seekers, it can be better defined with the Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel at one end and then stretching along the front yard of the Emirates Palace Hotel on to the Heritage Village at the other extreme end.
The Corniche is a long road that extends almost 9 km with a lengthy stretch of beach along it. There are several lush, green gardens lined all along the Corniche and it has become one of the popular attractions in Abu Dhabi. The fountains are strategically placed at every intersection of the Corniche walkways and the entrance. It has been a tourist location for quality leisure and recreation, as well as a signature destination for many high-profile entertainment and sporting events like the free Yasalam concerts, part of the Formula One Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix that runs from October to November every year, the World of Music, Art and Dance (WOMAD) and Volvo Ocean Race.
With the modern buildings facing the sea in the background, it is one of the most beautiful places in Abu Dhabi. The other side of the Corniche road is famous for star hotels, restaurants and high rise buildings and it is a premium housing location in the capital, offering luxurious apartments for residents. Shopaholics can roam around Marina Mall with Carrefour inside and premium supermarket brands such as Spinneys and Abela.
Corniche not only provides a refreshing landscape to unwind and is considered to be a top tourist beach destination in Abu Dhabi. There is a dedicated parking area further along the Abu Dhabi Corniche on the opposite side of the road with a complimentary bus service to the beach. The newly-refurbished waterfront has got separate sections for families, entertainment events, barbecues, and beach activities.
Athletes can go for some practice, families can relax in the nicely carved benches under the numerous palm trees and enable children to enjoy in the greenish playgrounds and love pair can manage to get some romantic space in the open to spend time with each other and watch the sunset, the Abu Dhabi Corniche is the best place for all. A separate cycle track has been constructed for cycling enthusiasts and has got clearly demarcated areas for walking, playing beach volleyball, children's playgrounds, swimming area and toilet facilities. Spending some good time in the Abu Dhabi Corniche while you are in the city is one of the beautiful things to do here.
The new beach on Abu Dhabi Corniche for the public extends along Corniche Road from near the Hilton Hotel to beyond Al Khaleej Al Arabi Street, where its main entrance is located. Benches have been placed along the landscaped area giving the people one of the most beautiful sights of the turquoise water.
There are specified swimming areas in the Abu Dhabi Corniche that are monitored by lifeguards. For enhanced security in the sea, the swimming areas are demarcated by the floating fences at about 40 meters into the sea. Several beach umbrellas are placed for those visiting the beach and who want to spend some time in the shade away from the hot sun.
The newly launched permanent wakeboarding ‘Beginners Park,’ developed by Abu Dhabi Municipality in conjunction with Flash Entertainment is open to the public daily from 12 pm to 6 pm and is free to use. The enthusiasts can get assistance & top tips from the wakeboarding experts for catching the waves. (Corniche Road West, Al Khubeirah, Corniche Pedal Power, Tel : + 971 2 6788888)
Accommodation near Abu Dhabi Corniche:
The Abu Dhabi Corniche has got some of the most well-known hotels in the city, like the long-standing Sheraton, the Hilton, Jumeirah At Etihad Towers, Sofitel, Intercontinental Abu Dhabi and the Emirates Palace Hotel, all hotels situated near the Corniche road.
Getting in to Abu Dhabi Corniche:
International travelers can choose from three international airports located within the United Arab Emirates to reach the Corniche located on Abu Dhabi Island. Abu Dhabi Corniche is just 40-minutes drive from Abu Dhabi International Airport, 100-minutes drive from Dubai International Airport, and 140 minutes drive from Sharjah International Airport. Travelers coming from Dubai can either go through Yas Island to drive straight to Corniche road or cross Sheikh Zayed Bridge (or Maqta Bridge) to reach the Abu Dhabi Island. Once you reach in the Abu Dhabi Island, go ahead for Tourist Club Area where number of hotel accommodations are available or directly jump to Abu Dhabi Corniche which is just 5 minutes away from TCA. Corniche road is the 1st Street in the capital.
To Add as your favourite you first need to:
Why Join? Here's why!
Best For Whom:
- All Ages
Best For What:
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" - Ralph Waldo Emerson