Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital
The My Destination iPad Air competition: terms and conditions
- The My Destination iPad Air competition (the "Competition") is open to anyone that is not an employee or agency of My Destination Limited ("MD").
- Entry into the Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To enter the Competition you must sign in to MD, favourite a company and then provide a tip/suggestion about that business.
- A single winner will be chosen on the first (1) day of month by the content team (the "Judge") of MD. The winner will be selected based on the quality of the tip/suggestion they have published and it's helpfulness to other travellers.
- The winner will receive an iPad Air Wi-fi 16GB.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by email. The judges' decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as MD may require.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- MD reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice. The decision of MD in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- MD accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. MD further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting in connection with the Competition.
- The Competition will be governed by English law.
- Promoter: My Destination Ltd, 18A Pindock Mews, London, W9 2PY, UK.
Thanks for reporting this comment to us, our team of local experts will review it ASAP
To Add to your favourites you first need to:
Why Join? Here's why!(See terms and conditions)
Added to Trip Planner!
Unless you login items are only saved temporarily.
Why Join? Here's why!
This unique tour will be a once in a lifetime experience that the visitors will never forget. It provides them with a deep insight into the world of those majestic birds as well as the life of falcons in modern times.
Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital
- Address: P.O.Box. 45553, Abu Dhabi, UAE, Al Shamkha
- Phone: +971 2 5755155
Fax:+971 2 5755001
Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital (ADFH) is the first public falcon hospital in United Arab Emirates. Opened on 3rd of October 1999, it has become the largest falcon hospital in the world with an annual patient influx of more than 6,000 patients.
Over the years, ADFH has established a loyal and a wide patient-base not just in UAE, but also in countries like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Bahrain. The Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital is the premier institution world-wide for falcon medicine and research in falcon's diseases due to its high standard of professionalism and extensive experience. It aims at spreading the cultural heritage of falcons and falconry on worldwide level.
World-wide known from TV and media articles, the Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital has opened its doors in 2007 to visitors to experience the fascinating world of falcons and falconry by successfully setting up its tourism program. Having won more than 13 international awards from Europe and USA for its unique tour program, the Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital has proven its importance as one of the major tourist attractions in the Emirate by continuously promoting Abu Dhabi as tourist destination.
Our unique tour will be a once in a lifetime experience that the visitors will never forget. It provides them with a deep insight into the world of those majestic birds, the history of falconry as well as the life of falcons in modern times. Guests will come closer to the falcons that they have ever dreamt of. And they will wish to see it again - and again.
ADFH is pleased to offer two visit packages. The guided tours include* :
(1) Normal Package:
• The visit to our unique falconry museum where visitors get a deep insight in the traditional heritage of falconry with displays of special tools and equipment
• The insight in the unique falcon passports
• The visit to the examination room where guests will see the precious falcons undergoing e.g. feather repair or "manicure and pedicure". They will experience real life work surrounded by a variety of different falcons.
• Visit to our large free-flight aviary where falcons are kept and fly freely inside.
• The highlight of the tour will be a unique memory. Visitors will have the extraordinary opportunity to take photos with the majestic falcons sitting on their arm.
• Tour Duration: 2 hrs
(2) Comprehensive Package:
• Normal package
• Plus as final highlight our guests have the opportunity to experience the famous Arab hospitality with a delicious 5-star stars intercontinental buffet in our beautiful traditional majilis (Arabian sitting area).
• Tour Duration: 3 hrs
* Program is subject to change.
Tours are conducted daily from Sunday - Thursday at 10.00 am and 2.00 pm
(Except Friday, Saturday and public holidays)
All tours have to be booked in advance preferable 1 week for groups and 2 days for individual tourists. Payment will be in cash upon arrival. Credit cards are accepted. For online booking & payment, please go to the www.falconhospital.com.
For special requests such as transportation to the hospital, please book it in advance by email/phone. Additional fees will apply. Upon request we also provide the above mentioned tours for special birthday celebrations and other special events.
Shaheen Conference Center for meetings, conferences, incentives and events:
ADFH operates its Shaheen Conference Center being the unique corporate venue for innovative events, meetings, workshops and conferences. The Shaheen Conference Center provides the perfect setting combining Emirati tradition, elegance and style with comfort and convenience for the guests. It caters also for birthday celebrations and special events like gala dinners. The Shaheen Conference Center is also featured as "venue with a difference" in the ADTA Business Planner's Guide.
The ADFH has started to promote its tourism program on an international stage through exhibits, e.g. at WTM (World Travel Market, London, UK) and ITB (International Tourism Fair, Berlin, Germany). Moreover, ADFH has established close ties with all major tour operator and agencies as well as hotels.
How to reach the Falcon Hospital: Please click the 'map and directions' above.
To Add as your favourite you first need to:
Why Join? Here's why!
- Moderately Priced
Best For Whom:
Best For What:
How to get there:
From Abu Dhabi City: Keep going through Musaffah road in the direction of Abu Dhabi International Airport. After the last petrol station in Airport road right turn to Dubai/Sweihan. 3 kms after passing the first bridge wait for a sharp 90° right turn after the water tank at the exit of Al Falah with the signboard of the Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital. From Dubai: Drive through Dubai-Abu Dhabi Highway till Shahama. At Shahama, take right turn to Mafraq/Al Ghweifat. After 15 kms, exit to Sweihan on right side and pass the bridge. 3 kms after passing the bridge take 90° right turn after the water tank at the exit of Al Falah with the signboard of the Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital. From Al Ain: Take Al Ain-Abu Dhabi Highway till Mafraq. From Mafraq highway, take exit to Abu Dhabi International Airport/Dubai. After 13 km upon reaching ADNOC, take Exit 343 (Sweihan). 3 kms after passing the bridge, take 90° right turn after the water tank at the exit of Al Falah with the signboard of the Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital.
"Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life" - Jack Kerouac