Getting around Bristol
Bristol is an easy city to explore by foot and indeed you run the risk of missing some of the most interesting sights if you are driving. If you get a little foot sore there is a good central bus service and a plentiful supply of taxis. The city also is fast becoming cycle friendly with a steadily increasing number of designated cycle lanes.
Take a trip on the City Sightseeing open-top bus tour. The distinctive bright red open top bus is an entertaining and easy way to see Bristol. With live commentary, the bus stops near all the major places of interest.
• We drive on the left hand side of the road.
• The driver can be prosecuted if the occupants of the car are not wearing their seatbelts.
• It is illegal to use a mobile phone whilst driving although use of a "hands free" device is permitted.
• It is illegal to drive whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
• Parking restrictions are strictly applied in Bristol so make sure to check the relevant signs detailing any restrictions and time limits. If you park illegally you may return to find that your car has been towed away and that you have been issued with a prosecution notice.
• Parking Wardens patrol parking areas to check that the correct payment has been made. If not, or if you have parked past the allowed time, you face a heavy fine.
See No Evil 2012 - graffiti ar...
"Travel and change of pace impart new vigor to the mind" - Seneca