The My Destination iPad Air competition: terms and conditions
- The My Destination iPad Air competition (the "Competition") is open to anyone that is not an employee or agency of My Destination Limited ("MD").
- Entry into the Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To enter the Competition you must sign in to MD, favourite a company and then provide a tip/suggestion about that business.
- A single winner will be chosen on the first (1) day of month by the content team (the "Judge") of MD. The winner will be selected based on the quality of the tip/suggestion they have published and it's helpfulness to other travellers.
- The winner will receive an iPad Air Wi-fi 16GB.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by email. The judges' decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as MD may require.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- MD reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice. The decision of MD in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- MD accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. MD further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting in connection with the Competition.
- The Competition will be governed by English law.
- Promoter: My Destination Ltd, 18A Pindock Mews, London, W9 2PY, UK.
Thanks for reporting this comment to us, our team of local experts will review it ASAP
To Add to your favourites you first need to:
Why Join? Here's why!(See terms and conditions)
Added to Trip Planner!
Unless you login items are only saved temporarily.
Why Join? Here's why!
The calamari is wonderful as an appetiser or full meal. If you are looking for good food with great sunsets - this is the place to go to!
- Cuisine: Beach Front
- Address: Playa Dominical, Dominical, Puntarenas, Dominical
- Phone: 506.2787.0033
Tortilla Flats started out as a place for a quick stop for the surfers passing through Dominical and a local hangout during the evening over 10 years ago. The food was considered good, and you could not beat the perfect beachfront location. These are things that many restaurants are noted for as you criss cross the different shorelines of Costa Rica. So you might ask how Tortilla Flats, in a few short years, has become one of the best known restaurants in Costa Rica?
It boils down to a lot of heart, ingenuity and hard work on the part of the owner, Jennifer Brummer, and the staff she has put together. Keeping an eye on food quality and preparation is only a small piece of the puzzle. Jen, as she is known by the locals, is always trying to think outside the box. Adding features like a skate ramp in the rear of the restaurant, a large sheltered deck for additional outdoor dining and bringing in live music after the dining hours have been top choices. The skate ramp alone, which is the only skate ramp in the Costa Ballena Region, has brought skaters and surfers from all over the world to the half pipe and to brave one of the powerful waves that just happens to roll in steps away from the entrance.
The real charm of Tortilla Flats is the friendliness and comfortable surroundings you find yourself in. It's okay to wear beach clothing, and once you enter the open-aired restaurant, you get caught up in the friendly hello's and conversation. The surfers may have passed the word on about the sweet waves found at Dominical Beach, but it's Tortilla Flats food and style that has kept them and non surfers coming year after year.
Expect a full menu with selections that range from sandwiches to seafood dinners. The bar serves cold beer and all types of alcoholic beverages.
Simply put - Tortilla Flats has it all! Whether your just looking for a beach front restaurant with incredible food, a lively beach front bar with ocean breezes or a place to stay with waves out the front door and a skate ramp out the back, Tortilla Flats is your place!
To Add as your favourite you first need to:
Why Join? Here's why!
Best For Whom:
- Business Travellers
Best For What:
- Lively Atmosphere
- The Local Experience
How to get there:
From the entrance of Dominical go to the T and take a left. Go past the bus stop and at the ICE building take a right. Once you get to the beach take a right and Tortilla Flats will be on your right, just across from the beach.
"I dislike feeling at home when I am abroad" - George Bernard Shaw