Croatia by Rail
CROATIA BY RAIL
Travelling throughout Croatia via rail is a quite leisurely and safe form of transportation. Not only will you be able to take in the glorious views of Croatia's untouched nature, you are also guaranteed to reach your final destination on time. This is not always the case when travelling by bus or car during the high traffic summer months. Although this mode of transportation is not as common as travelling by bus, in comparison to the rest of Western Europe tickets are fairly inexpensive.
For more information visit Croatia Railways Company website.
- There are currently no trains connecting Dubrovnik with Northern Croatia. You can take a train to Split and from there a bus to Dubrovnik.
- Online ticket booking in not available on the Croatia Railways website however tickets can be reserved or purchased at all local train stations, all major credit cards are accepted
- Tickets can be purchased online for national and international trains
- Croatia is part of the Eurail Pass program, for more information visit their website
- Croatia has direct train connections with Hunagry, Italy, Slovenia, Switzerland, Germany, Serbia and Bosnia & Hercegovina
- Eurocity, intercity, euronight trains and fast trains are available
"Not all those who wander are lost" - J. R. R. Tolkien