- Opening hours for most public related establishments are generally 9.30am-1.30 pm and then 4.30-8.30pm. El Corte Ingles, larger stores and offices are open all day.
- There are three different types of police: the Guardia Civil, the Policia Municipal and the Policia National. The Guardia Civil are dressed in green uniforms. The Policia Municipal wear blue and white uniforms and are normally the best police to approach. The Policia Nacional mainly police the larger cities and are heavily armed.
- Galicia is one hour ahead of the UK, six hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time and nine hours ahead of Pacific Standard Time.
Embassies & Consulates in Spain
Driving in Spain
Spanish Language Translation
- Weather information from Xunta de Galicia (Regional Government)
- National Institute of Meteorology
- Wind Guru Sporting Weather Information
- Colin Davies Life in Galicia through the eyes of an englishman
- Pedro Villamarin Wine/Food expert and his reviews of Galician Restaurants (in spanish only)
- Xacobeo Holy Year of Saint James
- Adrian McManus A scotsman's wine and gastronomic blog about Galicia especially Rias Baixas
- Luis Domenech A food enthusiast and his guide to alot of restaurants throughout Galicia (in spanish only)
Start of Camino views of Spain...
St. James Way
Village Post Office, Gundivós
Camino de Santiago- a very spe...
Camino de Santiago-Water or Wi...
"Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life" - Jack Kerouac