How to get there
Kayak Kauai Hanalei Shop:
From Princeville, or any northern Kauai location, head East on the Kuhio Hwy (Hwy 560) past the Princeville Shopping Center. Kayak Kauai Hanalei will be on your right just off the Highway. If you get to Aku Rd, you have gone too far.
Kayak Kauai Kapaa/Wailua Shop:
From Lihue, head North on Kuhio Hwy (Hwy 56). Kayak Kauai will be on your right. Park in the south parking lot of the Coconut Marketplace.
Latitude / Longitude: 22.20428, -159.4917
Our Locals' Tip: See Kauai through the eyes of a local with a guided Kayak Tour. Both the Blue Lagoon and the Secret Falls tour offer stunning scenery and are family friendly.
Kayak Kauai is your one-stop-shop for any Kauai outdoor needs with all day rentals of surfboards, stand up paddle boards, kayaks and canoes, and hiking/camping gear. Kayak Kauai offers a multitude of guided activities from kayaking adventures to hiking tours to surf lessons. The friendly staff at Kayak Kauai have toured the island many times over and provide knowledgeable and passionate guides.
Kayak Kauai Surfing & SUP lessons
Daily lessons for surfing and stand-up paddle boarding are offered in small groups of no more than four students to one instructor. Not only will you stand up in your first lesson, but you will learn to read the waves, the first step in surfing solo. Check in at the Hanalei shop, includes transport to the surf spot. Plus, rent surfboards for the rest of the day at a discounted price!
Kayak Kauai Guided Tours
- River Combo Tours - The 3 hour Hanalei Blue Lagoon tour includes tandem kayaks and sightseeing along the Hanalei river. Refreshments included. Relaxing tour for all ages, families welcome. The 5 hour Wailua Secret Falls tour includes kayaking along the Wailua river with views of the Wailua Waterfall and surrounding jungle plus hiking along the river bed. Includes deli lunch and refreshments. Family friendly tour. Morning and afternoon tours available.
- Sea Kayak Tour - A guided kayaking tour along the impressive Na Pali coast (summer only) or Poipu (winter whale watching). Recommended for those in good physical shape who are comfortable in the water.
- Hiking Tours The most beautiful (and secluded) locations in Kauai can only be reached by foot. Whether you want an easy hike through Botanical gardens, want to wander along dormant volcanic ridges, or dare to brave the rugged Napali Coast, the crew at Kayak Kauai can help you choose which hike is right for you. All hiking tours include transport from nearest Kayak Kauai location, rain gear, day packs, lunch and refreshments. Hotel pickup can be arranged for south and east hotel locations.
Kayak Kauai Rentals
- Water Rentals - Choose from a selection of surfboards, stand-up paddle boards, snorkel gear or a single wave ski. Single and double kayaks, multi-person canoes, and paddle gear (life vest, dry bag, back rest). Beach gear includes coolers & chairs.
- Bike Rentals - Includes helmet, car rack, and bike lock with all bike rentals. Kayak Kauai can even drop off the bikes at designated locations.
- Hiking & Camping Gear - Includes day packs, hiking backpacks, sleeping bag & pad, cooking stove, and 2 person tents. Luggage storage and vehicle parking is also offered. Kayak Kauai provides a shuttle service for Na Pali Coast hikers!
Kayak Kauai has a second location in Kapaa, near the Wailua River.
Best For Whom:
- Families With Teenagers
Best For What:
- A View To Die For
- Off The Beaten Path
- The Local Experience
"Without new experiences, something inside of us sleeps. The sleeper must awaken" - Frank Herbert