The Clifton Shanklin
The My Destination iPad Air competition: terms and conditions
- The My Destination iPad Air competition (the "Competition") is open to anyone that is not an employee or agency of My Destination Limited ("MD").
- Entry into the Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To enter the Competition you must sign in to MD, favourite a company and then provide a tip/suggestion about that business.
- A single winner will be chosen on the first (1) day of month by the content team (the "Judge") of MD. The winner will be selected based on the quality of the tip/suggestion they have published and it's helpfulness to other travellers.
- The winner will receive an iPad Air Wi-fi 16GB.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by email. The judges' decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as MD may require.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- MD reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice. The decision of MD in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- MD accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. MD further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting in connection with the Competition.
- The Competition will be governed by English law.
- Promoter: My Destination Ltd, 18A Pindock Mews, London, W9 2PY, UK.
Thanks for reporting this comment to us, our team of local experts will review it ASAP
To Add to your favourites you first need to:
Why Join? Here's why!(See terms and conditions)
Added to Trip Planner!
Unless you login items are only saved temporarily.
Why Join? Here's why!
The Clifton's privileged location on the cliff top offers an amazing sea view and makes it an ideal retreat for those in search of tranquility.
The stunning view of the bay can be enjoyed from the conservatory lounge and the lovely garden where you can take advantage of the warm sunshine, wonderful sea air, and refreshments from the licensed bar and bistro.
The garden leads out to the picturesque Coastal Walk between Shanklin and Sandown (part of the Isle of Wight Coastal Path) with fantastic views across Sandown Bay, also leading to the famous Shanklin Chine with a pathway down to the sandy beaches. Within easy reach by foot are the picturesque Shanklin Old Village with its thatched roofs, and the beautiful Rylstone Gardens.
The Clifton is owned and operated by David and Carys who have over thirty years experience in hospitality. As well as a variety of bars and restaurants they recently owned and managed a three star Best Western Hotel with a rosetted restaurant - so you can be confident of an enjoyable and relaxing stay.
The Clifton Shanklin Rooms
Our delightfully furnished en-suite bedrooms have been designed to provide a comfortable retreat where you can really relax.
Situated on the first and second floors, Standard bedrooms at The Clifton do not offer any sea views but all are comfortably appointed and have the following facilities: remote control TV, hairdryer, hot drinks refreshment tray, and complimentary toiletries.
BAY VIEW ROOMS
Situated on the second floor, the comfortable bay view bedrooms at The Clifton have binoculars provided to make the most of the stunning sea and coastal views. They have the following facilities: 32" Flat Screen TV, hair dryer, hot drinks refreshment tray, mineral water, and toiletries.
Situated on the first and second floors, Superior bedrooms are larger than standard rooms with 5' double beds as a minimum, partial sea view, and have the following facilities: hair dryer, hot drinks refreshment tray, complimentary mineral water, 32" Flat Screen TV, and toiletries. These rooms can also accommodate families.
PREMIER BAY ROOMS
Situated on the first floor, the premier bay view rooms not only have a furnished balcony, but binoculars are also provided to make the most of the stunning sea and coastal views. They are more luxuriously appointed with a twin or double bed looking out to sea. Facilities in premier bay view rooms include: hair dryer, hot drinks refreshment tray, mineral water, toiletries and 32" Flat Screen TV.
The Clifton Shanklin Restaurants & Bars
OUR BISTRO / BAR
Situated adjacent to the Isle of Wight Coastal path and open daily from breakfast time the Bistro is a very popular venue for residents, visitors and locals alike who love to just relax in an informal atmosphere enjoying some quality time and good food and drink together in a stunning coastal location.
The menu features a wide range of refreshments including freshly made coffees and delicious hot chocolate, the superb choice of wines is complemented by traditional ciders and beers in addition to freshly prepared dishes: sandwiches, light snacks, delicious cream teas and tasty meals including fresh fish and local produce, a little persons' menu is also available.
The food is simple but bold, familiar yet new. Relax through the day as you casually pick and choose creations from our grazing menu. You set the tempo, long and lasting or fast and snappy.
LOCAL IS BEST
With prime farming land all around us and a host of specialist growers and producers making the most of it, we usually have access to plenty of fresh seasonal fruit and vegetables, as well as quality fish and meat. So while we can't guarantee that every ingredient we use was raised on our doorstep, we certainly do our best to bring you the cream of the local crop, and are very conscious of the importance of local produce cooked simply and priced sensibly.
To Add as your favourite you first need to:
Why Join? Here's why!
- Mature Travellers
- Families With Children
How to get there:
Queens Road is one-way. Once you are on the A3055, which is the main road running from Ryde to Ventnor on the east coast of the island, you will find a five-way cross roads with traffic lights just past/before the main Shanklin shops. (One road at the cross roads will be signposted for the Shanklin Esplanade.) At this cross roads however, you need to turn up Queens Road. (This is the road that goes up a little hilll, on the coastal side.) The Clifton is at the far end of Queens Road on the left. Parking available.
"I haven't been everywhere, but it’s on my list" - Susan Sontag