The My Destination iPad Air competition: terms and conditions
- The My Destination iPad Air competition (the "Competition") is open to anyone that is not an employee or agency of My Destination Limited ("MD").
- Entry into the Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To enter the Competition you must sign in to MD, favourite a company and then provide a tip/suggestion about that business.
- A single winner will be chosen on the first (1) day of month by the content team (the "Judge") of MD. The winner will be selected based on the quality of the tip/suggestion they have published and it's helpfulness to other travellers.
- The winner will receive an iPad Air Wi-fi 16GB.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by email. The judges' decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as MD may require.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- MD reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice. The decision of MD in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- MD accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. MD further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting in connection with the Competition.
- The Competition will be governed by English law.
- Promoter: My Destination Ltd, 18A Pindock Mews, London, W9 2PY, UK.
Thanks for reporting this comment to us, our team of local experts will review it ASAP
To Add to your favourites you first need to:
Why Join? Here's why!(See terms and conditions)
Added to Trip Planner!
Unless you login items are only saved temporarily.
Why Join? Here's why!
Shingwedzi Rest Camp lies on the banks of the Shingwedzi River in the northern reaches of the Kruger Park, and offers its visitors beautiful scenery in quiet and tranquil settings. There are numerous scenic drives in the area, with the trip south-east along the Shingwedzi River towards Kanniedood Dam being particularly celebrated.
Despite being a large camp, it has remained rustic and simple - ideal for guests looking to escape the rat-race and enjoy true tranquillity in the heart of the bushveld. An average night serves up a breathtaking selection of bright stars, hindered only by the flickering braai fires lit up around the camp, and with a number of accommodation options available, all guests can be catered for.
General game abounds in this region, with sightings of waterbuck, nyala, kudu and elephant common, while lion, leopard, cheetah and wild dog are all recorded at fairly regular intervals.
Common in the area: Zebra, Buffalo, Elephant, Nyala.
If you are lucky you may see: Giant Eagle Owl, Lion, Leopard and even wild dog.
There are a number of camping sites, huts, bungalows, cottages and guest houses available, each offering differing levels of comfort and facilities, and each of which have their own unique appeal. All offer the perfect way to spend a few nights in the bush, and with the spectacular scenery and promising game viewing opportunities, it won't be long until you return.
Check availability at Shingwedzi as well as accommodation types, pricing and availability
Facilities and Activities
Communication: Public telephone, Post Box, cell phone reception.
Shops/Restaurants Both of these, and a cafeteria are present
Facilities: Conference facilities, Laundromat, Filling station, Swimming pool, Basic First Aid assistance.
Day Visitors Good facilities available
Wildlife Activities Guided Bush Walks, Game Drives, Bush breakfast and bush braai, Northern Plains 4x4 Adventure Trail, Wildlife films on big screen.
See Shingwedzi facilities and outdoor activities.
Nearby picnic sites: Babalala 26km/1hr 10min
Nearby gates: Punda Maria 75km / 3hr; Phalaborwa 140km/5hr 35min
Kruger Park Links:
To enhance your Kruger experience, go to our convenient links page for more Park services, accessibility information, forum, web cams, picture galleries, and fun.
Don't forget to take a look at our Virtual Tour of this camp by clicking the Multimedia Tab above
To Add as your favourite you first need to:
Why Join? Here's why!
Best For Whom:
- Families With Children
- Families With Teenagers
Best For What:
- Off The Beaten Path
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step" - Lao Tzu