The My Destination iPad Air competition: terms and conditions
- The My Destination iPad Air competition (the "Competition") is open to anyone that is not an employee or agency of My Destination Limited ("MD").
- Entry into the Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To enter the Competition you must sign in to MD, favourite a company and then provide a tip/suggestion about that business.
- A single winner will be chosen on the first (1) day of month by the content team (the "Judge") of MD. The winner will be selected based on the quality of the tip/suggestion they have published and it's helpfulness to other travellers.
- The winner will receive an iPad Air Wi-fi 16GB.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by email. The judges' decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as MD may require.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- MD reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice. The decision of MD in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- MD accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. MD further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting in connection with the Competition.
- The Competition will be governed by English law.
- Promoter: My Destination Ltd, 18A Pindock Mews, London, W9 2PY, UK.
To Add to your favourites you first need to:
Why Join? Here's why!(See terms and conditions)
Added to Trip Planner!
Unless you login items are only saved temporarily.
Why Join? Here's why!
The cottages are very comfortable and ideal for a weekend away. However, remember that you need to bring all your provisions with you, as the nearest store is 20km away in Magaliesberg.
NATURE AT ITS MOST SPECTACULAR!
Intaba Thulile, “peaceful mountain”, is a 450 hectare private game and cattle farm within the Magaliesburg Nature Conservancy. With its abundant birdlife, and variety of trees, ferns, flowers and grasses, it is a nature lover’s paradise.
Game viewers will not be disappointed, as the farm is home to a variety of buck - gemsbok, nyala, impala, rooihartebees, blesok, eland, waterbuck - as well as zebra, warthog, jackal, ostriches, and a family of gorgeous, graceful giraffe. A leisurely walk in the nature reserve will ensure that you get ‘up close and personal’ with the game.
Intaba Thulile offer a hiking trail to the top of the mountain where you will be awestruck by the views and the peace. Take a picnic and spend the day. The reserve includes 2,5 kilometres of the Magaliesburg mountain range, so you can choose to either relax and gaze upon the unforgettable views; or actively explore the ancient kloofs, the cliffs, the crevices, and the extraordinary rock formations.
Six very well equipped self catering chalets sleep 4 people each in 2 separate bedrooms, one with a Queen size bed and the other with two single beds. The modern bathroom has both bath and shower to suit all tastes. A kitchenette offers a small oven, 2 hot plates, microwave oven, toaster, kettle and all the pots and pans, crockery and cutlery you should require. All linen and towels, both bath and swimming are supplied. To enjoy outdoor living at its best, each chalet has its own patio and braai area. Larger groups may prefer to use the larger braai area at the lapa. Swim in the cool blue pool, hike, cycle or simply relax and enjoy the sounds of the bush and the magnificent mountain views.
The nearest cafe for bread, milk etc is 4k’s away and there is a bottle store 5k’s from us. For fresh meat, vegetables, chemist etc you would need to go into the village of Magaliesburg which is 20k’s from Intaba Thulile. Try the excellent restaurants, spa’s and other attractions which the area has to offer.
To Add as your favourite you first need to:
Why Join? Here's why!
Best For Whom:
- Families With Children
- Families With Teenagers
Best For What:
- Off The Beaten Path
How to get there:
DIRECTIONS FROM KRUGERSDORP HIGHWAY Marikana Road/Breedts Nek Pass, Maanhaarrand, off the R24 between Magaliesburg and Rustenburg GPS CO-ORDINATES: 25deg 52' 41.82"S 27deg 26' 48.19"E The Krugersdorp Highway will come to an end at a big robot intersection (garage in front of you on rhs, and a Truck depot and Sun Thatch poles on lhs). Turn right at the robots at the end of the highway - direction: - VENTERSDORP / Magaliesburg/ Hekpoort. Keep going for a further +/- 11 kilometers and you will come to a T-junction stop street. Turn right - (keep in the right hand lane) going towards Hekpoort on the R563. (You will pass Greensleeves on your lhs - Do not take the first Magaliesburg / Maropeng turn off to the left). Travel for a further +/- 21 kilometers (You will go down a mountain pass) and turn left at the slipway -(Just after Bartons Folly) to the R24 to Magaliesburg(T1). The sign boards say Magalies Manor and Goblins Cove. Once you have turned, you will pass Goblins on your rhs and further along the sign to Bekker Schools.After about 11 kilometers you will come to a T-Junction. Turn right - it is now the R24 - Direction - Rustenburg. You will pass Lovers Rock on your right hand side (if you turned left, you would go up into the town of Magaliesburg). Travel for 12 kilometers - you will see the first Maanhaarand café on your right hand side, then further down the hill you will see some Maanhaarand post boxes and Hassans Trading store on your right hand side. Directly after this there is a sand road (T3) going towards the right. (It starts off tar and then becomes sand). There is a sign that says "Mountain Sanctuary Park", and "Landhof" and, "Mogallywood/Marikana". Turn right and travel for 4,2 kilometers. On your left hand side you will see the sign for Intaba Thulile. There is a game fence gate, set back from the road. It has poplar tree branches cladding on the fence and the gate, and rockeries in front of it. Please would you phone Joanne when you turn right at the sand road so that she can come and open the gate and show you to your chalet. Joanne = 083 655 3498; 014 577 2644. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE MOUNTAIN AND BREEDTS NEK PASS CAN ONLY BE UNDERTAKEN WITH A 4 X 4 VEHICLE. SO PLEASE DO NOT GO VIA BUFFELSPOORT DAM / MOOI NOOI OR MARIKANA.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step" - Lao Tzu