Tshokwane Picnic Site
The My Destination iPad Air competition: terms and conditions
- The My Destination iPad Air competition (the "Competition") is open to anyone that is not an employee or agency of My Destination Limited ("MD").
- Entry into the Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To enter the Competition you must sign in to MD, favourite a company and then provide a tip/suggestion about that business.
- A single winner will be chosen on the first (1) day of month by the content team (the "Judge") of MD. The winner will be selected based on the quality of the tip/suggestion they have published and it's helpfulness to other travellers.
- The winner will receive an iPad Air Wi-fi 16GB.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by email. The judges' decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as MD may require.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- MD reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice. The decision of MD in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- MD accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. MD further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting in connection with the Competition.
- The Competition will be governed by English law.
- Promoter: My Destination Ltd, 18A Pindock Mews, London, W9 2PY, UK.
Thanks for reporting this comment to us, our team of local experts will review it ASAP
To Add to your favourites you first need to:
Why Join? Here's why!(See terms and conditions)
Added to Trip Planner!
Unless you login items are only saved temporarily.
Why Join? Here's why!
Tshokwane Picnic site has a small shop and gas facilities, It is approximately half way between Skukuza and Satara, and so it make for an ideal place to break your drive.
Tshokwane Picnic Site
- Address: Tshokwane Picnic Site, On the main road between, Kruger Park South
Tshokwane is easily recognized by the circular thatched roof running around an enormous Sausage tree in the middle. Being almost equidistant from 3 of the Parks largest Camps, Satara, Skukuza and Lower Sabie, it is one of the busiest picnic sites, together with Afsaal, in the Park.
Because of its size, the cafeteria at Tshokwane is privatized, and there is a "braai" (barbecue) kiosk, where you can find some of the South African's favourite weekend food. The shop is not well stocked with souvenirs or clothing, so save your purchasing for the main camps. However, snacks, cold drinks and sweets are available.
Gas cylinders are available for hire, and tables are placed under the shade of the trees, as well as the thatched area below the well known sausage tree.
The main feature of Tshokwane is the Sausage tree which stands proudly above the thatched roof which surrounds it.
Tshokwane is 1km north of the point where the H10 meets the H1-2. In relation to main camps, it is 50km/2hr south of Satara on the H1-3; 48km/1hr 45min north of Skukuza on the H1-2, and 54km/2hr from Lower Sabie along the H10.
Kruger Park Links:
To enhance your Kruger experience, go to our convenient links page for more Park services, accessibility information, forum, web cams, picture galleries, and fun.
Don't forget to take a look at our Virtual Tour of this camp by clicking the Multimedia Tab above
To Add as your favourite you first need to:
Why Join? Here's why!
Best For Whom:
- Families With Children
- Families With Teenagers
Best For What:
- Off The Beaten Path
How to get there:
Tshokwane is 1km north of the point where the H10 meets the H1-2. In relation to main camps, it is 50km/2hr south of Satara on the H1-3; 48km/1hr 45min north of Skukuza on the H1-2, and 54km/2hr from Lower Sabie along the H10. Please refer to our Route Maps and Information for directions to the Kruger Park. If you need to hire a car to get to the Park, Holiday Auto's is your best bet! Remember that you can always hire a car at the airport.
"People don't take trips - trips take people" - John Steinbeck