The My Destination iPad Air competition: terms and conditions
- The My Destination iPad Air competition (the "Competition") is open to anyone that is not an employee or agency of My Destination Limited ("MD").
- Entry into the Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To enter the Competition you must sign in to MD, favourite a company and then provide a tip/suggestion about that business.
- A single winner will be chosen on the first (1) day of month by the content team (the "Judge") of MD. The winner will be selected based on the quality of the tip/suggestion they have published and it's helpfulness to other travellers.
- The winner will receive an iPad Air Wi-fi 16GB.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by email. The judges' decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as MD may require.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- MD reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice. The decision of MD in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- MD accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. MD further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting in connection with the Competition.
- The Competition will be governed by English law.
- Promoter: My Destination Ltd, 18A Pindock Mews, London, W9 2PY, UK.
Thanks for reporting this comment to us, our team of local experts will review it ASAP
To Add to your favourites you first need to:
Why Join? Here's why!(See terms and conditions)
Added to Trip Planner!
Unless you login items are only saved temporarily.
Why Join? Here's why!
A true little oasis. Adults and children love this place. While roaming around freely is just as entertaining, joining a tour is great for some background information on each species... birds and animals alike.
The slogan we would probably choose to give BirdPark Malta is... "Not just birds!". While this beautiful wetland habitat is a haven for a large variety of bird species, both resident to the park and migratory, BirdPark Malta is also home to other lovely animals, such as kangaroos, wallabies, antelopes, meercats, deer, genets, marmosets, snakes and other reptiles.
The beauty of BirdPark Malta can be attributed to the fact that it did not start off with the intention of being a commercial enterprise. It is actually a labour of love by Kevin, the owner, who has been slowly nurturing his passion and setting up this wonderful bird refuge for the past ten years. When the park did finally open its doors to the general public in late 2011, both locals and foreigners could appreciate the genuine work and passion that has gone into the place. The park provides a wonderful protected wetland habitat in Malta, an island that is very limited in providing natural opportunities for avifauna to integrate and colonise.
A visit to the BirdPark Malta is educational and fun for kids and adults alike. There are a couple hundred of bird species to admire! This includes favourites such as flamingos, pelicans, swans, storks, owls, cranes and parrots. And it is not only about admiring from a distance... feeding takes place throughout the day and the friendly keepers are always happily available to share the knowledge and love that they have for these wonderful creatures. They even encourage human interaction through handling sessions with the more friendly macaws, owls, reptiles and other animals.
Visitors to the bird park can join a guided tour on weekends or wander freely around the grounds. The onsite Lizzy's Cafe is an ideal place for a quick bite before or after the visit. BirdPark Malta is also available for pre-booked group visits and is an ideal venue for private and corporate events. Anyone interested in giving a helping hand to the park can do so through voluntary work as well as adopting an animal... get in touch with the friendly team for more info.
Times and Prices
BirdPark Malta opens from Wednesday through to Sunday at 10am. Closing time is 3pm from Wednesday to Friday and at 5pm on weekends and public holidays. Admission to the park is €8, with children between 3 to 12 years at €5. A family ticket including two adults and two children is discounted to €24.
Guided tours take place on weekends and public holidays at 11am, 1pm and 3pm.
Enjoy the magic of what must be Malta's best kept secret!
To Add as your favourite you first need to:
Why Join? Here's why!
- Moderately Priced
Best For Whom:
- Families With Children
- Families With Teenagers
Best For What:
- Off The Beaten Path
How to get there:
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" - Ralph Waldo Emerson