- Address:1, avenue du Colonel Henri Rol-Tanguy, 14th Arrondissement, 75014
+33 (0)1 43 22 47 63
Latitude / Longitude: 48.83369, 2.33199
The Cimetière des Innocents cemetery (close to Saint-Eustache church in the Halles district) had been in use for almost ten centuries and had become a hotbed of infection for local inhabitants.
In November 1785, the closure and emptying of the Cimetière des Innocents was done.
The Catacombs housed bones from all Parisian cemeteries until 1814.
Opening hours: from Tuesday to Sunday from 10am to 5pm. Last admission at 4pm. Closed Mondays and public holidays, Easter Sunday and Whitsun.
Terms and conditions of the tour:
- Visitor numbers are limited to 200 people on the site at any one time. Admission may be delayed for a short time during busy periods.
- Distance covered: 2 km
- Duration of the tour: 45 minutes
- No toilet or cloakroom facilities
- 130 steps to go down and 83 steps back up to street level
- Temperature: 14°C
- The tour is unsuitable for people with heart or respiratory problems, those of a nervous disposition or young children.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
Admission fee:: €8, free for children up to 13 years inclusive
"If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport" - George Winters