Australia Travel Guides & Information
The Gold Coast offers up 70km of sun, sand and surf, hectares of world heritage rainforest and national parks, a plethora of restaurants and bars and world class theme parks and top sporting events.
It's a short drive to anywhere, yet there is a rich diversity in the different regions of Australia's only island state. Enjoy dining on the best meat and...more »
Enjoy the Autumn Colours of Australia's Only Cold Climate Decid...
Another Gold Coast market to blow your mind
Useful tips if you're going track side.
Discover the wonders and awes of the markets
Virtual Tour & Video Showcase
There are few places left in the world that allow you to feel like an explorer. With seemingly interminable red-desert, primal gorges like gaps chiselled in the globe itself, snow-capped mountains and windswept grasslands, there’s always something to discover in Australia. And that’s if you ever escape the arresting cities.
Visitors to Sydney sometimes wonder if it’s all a dream; the legendary surf of Bondi Beach, the sun sparkling on the harbour around the pristine plumage of the Opera House, and swarms of impossibly tanned residents with easy smiles. If the heat of the sands overwhelms you can cool off at a buzzing street cafe, with a stroll through the greenery of Manly Scenic Walkway, or a visit to a gallery celebrating indigenous art. Alternatively, head to Melbourne and soak up its opulent Victorian architecture, fanatical love of sports, and wealth of museums and theatres, or enjoy the luxurious wine-tasting of Swan Valley in Perth.
Like the locals, you can only resist the call of the wild for so long. Dive into the teeming sub-aquatic world of the Great Barrier Reef, the largest of its kind in the world, wander the sprawling Kakadu National Park alongside kangaroos, koalas, and kookaburras, or cling by your fingertips to a rock-face in the Tasmanian Mountains. The ‘island continent’ is too vast to be contained in these meagre paragraphs; make sure to heed the advice of the locals’ and jump into the outback to write your own adventure.
Did you know
- Australia is the sixth largest country in the world, and the only nation to govern an entire continent and its outlying islands.
- Many mistakenly believe that the capital city of Australia is Sydney. It’s actually Canberra.
- There is an estimated 27,700 different plant species in Australia, including living fossils such as the cycad palm and the grass tree.
- Australia is not for anyone with a phobia of bugs – it’s home to 6000 species of fly, 4000 different types of ants, and 1500 species of spider.
- Australia features the longest postal-run in the world – the flying postman’s route is from Cairns to Cape York, seeing the postie cover 1450km in nine hours, with only ten stops!
Destinations in Australia
"I have found out that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them" - Twain