Vienna Discount Card
This is an essential card to have in Vienna. It allows you to take advantage of more than 210 discounts and unlimited free travel by underground, bus and tram for 72 hours. And you only pay €18.50.
Where do I buy it?
- At the tourist information centre on Albertinaplatz in the city centre (open daily from 9am to 7pm)
- At the tourist information point at the airport (open daily from 6am to 11pm)
- At sales and information points of the Vienna Lines (e.g. Stephansplatz, Karlsplatz, Westbahnhof, Landstraße/Wien Mitte)
- At your Vienna hotel reception (check directly with the concierge)
- By credit card on tel. +43-1-798 44 00-148.
- Buy your Vienna card online
What do you get for it?
- More than 210 discounts at museums and sights, theatres and concerts, in shops, cafés, restaurants and the ‘Heurige’ (wine tavern), etc ... this is a great deal if you are really into museums and art - discounts can range till up to 50% of the entrance fee!
- You will be able to ride for free by underground, bus and tram - as often as you like
- You will get a cheaper fare of € 9 on the CAT Airport Train into the city (normally € 10), or € 6 (normally € 7) on the Vienna Airport Bus into the city.
- With each Vienna Card one child under 15 years travels for free (be aware that you will need an ID card to proof this).
How to use it?
- The Vienna cards are valid from the date of issue - after that it is valid for 72 hours. Don't forget that the transport card (enclosed) needs to be validated (check the public transport section on how this exactly done!) . In case your 72 hour transport validation is used up, you can still take advantage of discounts offered from sights and restaurants throughout the final day of the card's validity.
- You will be given a booklet with information including coupons free of charge when purchasing the Vienna Card - instructions on how to use all advantages of your discount card will be found there.
The Vienna Card is really a good option for those who are on a budget - we would really recommend you consider this as an attractive option!
people sitting on the street
Vienna by Night (c) J. Batthya...
Golden Statue near the Burgthe...
Christmas Market in front of t...
The Gloriette at Schoenbrunn
"The greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time" - Bill Bryson