Seldomseen Holiday Cottages
The My Destination iPad Air competition: terms and conditions
- The My Destination iPad Air competition (the "Competition") is open to anyone that is not an employee or agency of My Destination Limited ("MD").
- Entry into the Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To enter the Competition you must sign in to MD, favourite a company and then provide a tip/suggestion about that business.
- A single winner will be chosen on the first (1) day of month by the content team (the "Judge") of MD. The winner will be selected based on the quality of the tip/suggestion they have published and it's helpfulness to other travellers.
- The winner will receive an iPad Air Wi-fi 16GB.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by email. The judges' decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as MD may require.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- MD reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice. The decision of MD in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- MD accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. MD further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting in connection with the Competition.
- The Competition will be governed by English law.
- Promoter: My Destination Ltd, 18A Pindock Mews, London, W9 2PY, UK.
Thanks for reporting this comment to us, our team of local experts will review it ASAP
To Add to your favourites you first need to:
Why Join? Here's why!(See terms and conditions)
Added to Trip Planner!
Unless you login items are only saved temporarily.
Why Join? Here's why!
Twinstreams Cottage is quaint but it is our favourite and one we would recommend for newly weds. Birdwatching is best from August through to early December as this time that the migrant birds arrive and everyone is singing. The rainy season is best for ferns, orchids, mushrooms and butterflies.
Seldomseen Holiday Cottages
- Sleeps: 1
- Property Type: Cottage
- Address: Bvumba
Fax:(+ 263 20) 62837
Seldomseen Holiday Cottages in Bvumba, Zimbabwe.
A Bird Watcher's Paradise set in secluded gardens with spectacular views into Mozambique.
Other things to do (apart from relax and unwind):
Bunga Forest Botanical Reserve - for those fond of ferns and orchids
Bvumba Botanical Gardens - you need to pay an entrance fee to National Parks
Leopard Rock Hotel - for one of the most spectacular Golf Courses and a Casino (drive carefully on the way home!)
Tony's Tea Shop - for an amazing array of teas, coffees and cakes
Chinakwaremba - a gentle climb above Leopard Rock
Nyamheni (otherwise known as Castle Beacon) - the highest point in the Bvumba and a not so gentle climb, but a good challenge.
Genaina, White Horse Inn and Inn on the Vumba - for good meals
Circular Drive down into Burma Valley - a 3 hour drive through interesting scenery.
Bookings: Fax/answer 263(0)20-62837 or email: email@example.com
Bird Watching at Seldomseen:
Seldomseen is a well known site for bird watchers who want to glimpse some of the rarer and more secretive of the forest birds. The name is a pun: you seldom see the birds but you often hear them! So bird watching here can be hard work - but very rewarding if you are patient.
It was through the bird ringing work and publications of Alec and Cecilia Manson and Peter Mwadziwana that Seldomseen became well known amongst Southern African bird watchers and ornithologists. Alec published some of the first information on the little-known Swynnerton's Robin, and is still quoted as an authority on the species. Dale Hanmer has continued the ringing work on Seldomseen and regularly publishes her data in the BirdLife Zimbabwe journal, The Honeyguide.
Guided Bird Walks are available. Some of our "specials" are:
Buff spotted Flufftail
Robert's Warbler (Briar Warbler)
Striped cheeked Bulbul
Yellow streaked Bulbul
Square tailed Drongo
Seldomseen Holiday Cottages Accommodation
Self-catering cottages fully equipped with stove, fridge, cutlery/crockery and linen. Serviced daily.
Witchwood Lodge - Three large and two small bedrooms, two bathrooms with baths, large lounge, dining room, kitchen. Fireplace. Sleeps 9.
Crimsonwing Cottage - The main cottage has one main bedroom and one single with two extra day beds. One bathroom with shower. Nearby is the second cottage bedroom, bathroom with shower. Sleeps 7.
Twinstreams Cottage - Consists of two cottages. The main cottage has one bedroom with double bed and an optional extra bed in lounge. The second cottage contains two single beds. Bath. Fireplace. Sleeps 4-5.
Swynnerton Cottage - Suitable for a family. One main bedroom with double bed and one room with two single beds. Shower. Sleeps 4.
Seldomseen Holiday Cottages Location
Seldomseen is 25 km from Mutare on the main Bvumba road. Turn left into Nyamheni road (gravel) for 1 km. Follow our signposts.
To Add as your favourite you first need to:
Why Join? Here's why!
Best For Whom:
Best For What:
- Off The Beaten Path
How to get there:
"I have found out that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them" - Twain