How to get there
Siana Springs is easily reached by road or air.
Latitude / Longitude: -1.416599, 35.110472
Set in the midst of freshwater springs, is the beautiful Siana Springs Camp borders the world famous Masai Mara National Reserve.
The lodge has it's own organic eco-garden, and all the cuisine is specially prepared with your health in mind. Succulent meats and fish fill the buffet tables of the restaurant, together with a choice of salads and organic vegetables. Only the best ingredients are used to prepare every dish.
Siana Springs Accommodation
Set in the spacious grounds, there are 39 standard luxury tents (5 with double beds, and 34 twin bedded tents).There are three areas called, Bamboo( 20 tents,) Acacia (10 tents), and Palm (9 tents). The tents all have a permanent stone floors with rugs, a washroom with shower, handbasin and flush toilet. Set beneath indiginous forest creepers, gigantic fig trees and the African acacias, the resident bushbuck who like to graze very close to the tents are so cute! Colobus monkeys and tree hyrax are also seen regularly. The tents are spacious with their own private verandah where guests can enjoy the peaceful environment. The camp is secured by a low voltage perimeter fence to deter big game from entering into the grounds and gardens.
Siana Springs Facilities
The tents are set among groves of indigenous trees with resident troops of colobus monkeys, hyraxes and bushbucks residing in the grounds.
• Game Drives - Guests can take two game drives each day in the reserve.
• The Adventurers’ Club - Children are offered a program of actvities where they will learn about the wild from the Maasai naturalists who specialize in plants, wildlife and survival skills.
• Balloon Safaris (upon request) - Enjoy the thrill and breathtaking beauty of an early morning hot air balloon ride where you can see views of big game scattered across the rolling plains of the reserve, down below.
• Photographic Safari (upon request) - Led by trained guides, the 4x4 safari jeeps are specially modified to allow for the best game viewing and photography possible.
• Nature walks - A two-hour walk in the conservancy with a Maasai naturalist guide, is a must for those interested in nature.
• Cultural Visits - Guests can visit the Maasai manyattas or kraals where guests can meet the local Maasai villagers and learn about the traditions and lifestyle of these fascinating people.
• Birding - Not just about seeing the "Big 5", the game reserve also boasts over 450 specie of birds. Birders can record more than a hundred species in a day.
Siana Springs Location
Built on the Siana Conservancy belonging to the local Maasai. The Camp gives wonderful views of the traditional Maasai Villages, where early in the morning, as you drive to your game drive in the vast expanse of the Mara, you’ll see huge herds of cattle inside the Manyatta’s (traditional Maasai Villages) kept safe from prowling lion.
Siana Springs belongs to Heritage Hotels together with:
Best For Whom:
Best For What:
"If you look like your passport photo, you're too ill to travel " - Will Kommen