The Fortress Wine and Dine
The My Destination iPad Air competition: terms and conditions
- The My Destination iPad Air competition (the "Competition") is open to anyone that is not an employee or agency of My Destination Limited ("MD").
- Entry into the Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To enter the Competition you must sign in to MD, favourite a company and then provide a tip/suggestion about that business.
- A single winner will be chosen on the first (1) day of month by the content team (the "Judge") of MD. The winner will be selected based on the quality of the tip/suggestion they have published and it's helpfulness to other travellers.
- The winner will receive an iPad Air Wi-fi 16GB.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by email. The judges' decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as MD may require.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- MD reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice. The decision of MD in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- MD accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. MD further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting in connection with the Competition.
- The Competition will be governed by English law.
- Promoter: My Destination Ltd, 18A Pindock Mews, London, W9 2PY, UK.
Thanks for reporting this comment to us, our team of local experts will review it ASAP
To Add to your favourites you first need to:
Why Join? Here's why!(See terms and conditions)
Added to Trip Planner!
Unless you login items are only saved temporarily.
Why Join? Here's why!
If staying or heading to the north of the island, The Fortress is a great place to sit back and relax in good company, good wine and food on a lovely terrace overlooking Xemxija Bay. Also ideal for private events with various indoor/outdoor options.
The Fortress Wine and Dine
- Address: Xemxija Bay, Xemxija, St Pauls Bay
+356 2157 9852
+356 7901 5757
The Fortress Wine and Dine is a wine bar with a difference. It is located right on the perimeter of the charming bay in Xemxija, a quieter town situated between St. Paul's Bay and Mellieha. The actual building is an original three hundred year old Fortress that was used as a Gun Battery. The result of its stylish revamp is an evocative venue full of modern character. A perfect example is how the original high vaulted ceilings can be appreciated from individually styled rooms with plush sofas and contemporary furnishings.
As beautiful as the interiors are, it is the ideal Maltese summer months that bring out the whole potential and charm of the Fortress Wine and Dine. A large terrace with comfortable seating overlooking the idylic bay is the perfect setting for a fine glass of wine with friends. You can also book your own private gazebo with a sofa bed!
The wine list is extensive with an assortment of over 170 varieties representing all the essential wine regions of the world. The complimenting food is as good as it is original. Creative platters consist of international delicacies such as sushi, chinese, indian, greek mezes, american combo and french cheeses.
The Fortress Wine and Dine is also the ideal place to organise private functions of any size. The private rooms with seperate music systems allow for full flexibility and the friendly staff will make sure to make your special event a successful one.
This is a truly refreshing alternative in Malta to chill out in great company.
Weddings at The Fortress
If you are looking for an alternative venue for an intimate wedding reception, The Fortress can offer style and elegance in a chic, refreshing ambience. From the moment you enquire, to the cutting of the cake, they offer a professional yet personalised service that will help make your special day one to remember.
• indoor and outdoor facilities
• canopies suitable for all weather conditions
• picturesque views
• private area for the bride and groom's party and for photo shoots
• easy parking
• option of in-house or outside catering
• value for money packages
• personalised service
Birthdays, Hen's & Bachelor's Parties
With a choice of stylishly designed private areas that can accommodate groups of all sizes, The Fortress is the ideal venue to organise a private party. The private areas offer exclusivity and maximum flexibility, with personalised music options and the possibility of hiring a DJ if preferred, as well as the possibility of creating a theme for your party suited to your preferences. A vast range of food and beverage group menus are available starting from just Euro 10 per person.
With great food, good music and your own private party venue, make sure to get in touch with the Fortress team for truly memorable night!
To Add as your favourite you first need to:
Why Join? Here's why!
Best For Whom:
Best For What:
- Off The Beaten Path
- Outdoor Area
Six Sundays 2014Weekly, 27 Apr 2014 to 27 Apr 2014
Where: The Fortress Wine and Dine, Xemxija Bay, Xemxija.
Event type: Party.
Telephone: +356 2157 9852.
The end of winter means only one thing: SIX SUNDAYS are back once again!! Starting on Sunday 30th March.. this event needs no introductions.. Six consecutive Sundays hosting a diverse line-up of local DJ's playing pumpy sets ranging from deep to funky to tech house. With Carl Bee, Mykill, Niki, Steve Caeser, Ziggy, Luc Adams, Stevy Vee, Daniel Blade, Dre, Stanlee, Jesmar, Dazz Finn, Neil Pantos, Claytonsane, to name a few.. Beautiful bay side location with 4 fully-stocked bars and a cocktail/shooter bar. An awesome crowd and a feel-good party vibe. FREE ENTRANCE and elevated VIP area.... Event restricted to avoid overcrowding. This year once again SIX SUNDAYS will be the build-up for our second EXTRAVAGANZA CLOSING PARTY.. to be held on Sunday 11th May.. at a bigger seaside location!! More info about this event to follow.. We love Sundays.. we love Six Sundays!!
How to get there:
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page" - Saint Augustine