The My Destination iPad Air competition: terms and conditions
- The My Destination iPad Air competition (the "Competition") is open to anyone that is not an employee or agency of My Destination Limited ("MD").
- Entry into the Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To enter the Competition you must sign in to MD, favourite a company and then provide a tip/suggestion about that business.
- A single winner will be chosen on the first (1) day of month by the content team (the "Judge") of MD. The winner will be selected based on the quality of the tip/suggestion they have published and it's helpfulness to other travellers.
- The winner will receive an iPad Air Wi-fi 16GB.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by email. The judges' decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as MD may require.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- MD reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice. The decision of MD in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- MD accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. MD further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting in connection with the Competition.
- The Competition will be governed by English law.
- Promoter: My Destination Ltd, 18A Pindock Mews, London, W9 2PY, UK.
Thanks for reporting this comment to us, our team of local experts will review it ASAP
To Add to your favourites you first need to:
Why Join? Here's why!(See terms and conditions)
Added to Trip Planner!
Unless you login items are only saved temporarily.
Why Join? Here's why!
A 19th century British-built fort with a unique 100-ton gun! Daily live re-enactments too. Fort Rinella is only a 5 minute drive away from Birgu (Vittoriosa), one of the Three Cities and the original fortified residence of the Knights of Malta.
Fort Rinella is Malta's only historic fort open to the public and one of the liveliest visitor attractions around. It was built by the British in the late 19th century to house the gigantic Armstrong 100-ton gun. This gun was the first ever mechanically operated gun and also the largest ever built. It fired a one-ton shell using a quarter-of-ton of gun powder to pierce 65cm of ship armour at an extraordinary distance of 8miles! This fort is being lovingly restored by the voluntary Malta Heritage Trust to its original state. Daily historical re-enactments recreating aspects of late 19th century military garrison life, inclusive of live cannon and musketry firing take place at this site starting at 11.00hrs with the main one at 14.30hrs. This attraction includes all visitor amenities including café', toilets and audiovisual show.
Open: Daily (except Mondays, Christmas, New Year, Good Friday and Easter) from 10.00 till 17.00hrs.
Tuesday to Sunday at 14.00hrs sharp, employees dressed as late 19th century Victorian soldiers will take visitors on an animated tour around the fort.
Pensioners and students: €8
Children (under 16yrs): €5
Buy the Multi-site ticket for Fort Rinella, The Malta at War Museum, Lascaris War Rooms and the Saluting Battery at €25 and you get a 25% discount on all entrance fees, 3 Guided tours + re-enactments + filmshows.
To Add as your favourite you first need to:
Why Join? Here's why!
Best For Whom:
- Families With Teenagers
Best For What:
- Cultural Experience
How to get there:
Fort Rinella is located in Kalkara - FREE TRANSPORT is available from the Saluting Battery in Valletta at 12.15 and 13.15 daily.
"Travel and change of pace impart new vigor to the mind" - Seneca