Hamborgarabullan - Burger Joint
The My Destination iPad Air competition: terms and conditions
- The My Destination iPad Air competition (the "Competition") is open to anyone that is not an employee or agency of My Destination Limited ("MD").
- Entry into the Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To enter the Competition you must sign in to MD, favourite a company and then provide a tip/suggestion about that business.
- A single winner will be chosen on the first (1) day of month by the content team (the "Judge") of MD. The winner will be selected based on the quality of the tip/suggestion they have published and it's helpfulness to other travellers.
- The winner will receive an iPad Air Wi-fi 16GB.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by email. The judges' decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as MD may require.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- MD reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice. The decision of MD in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- MD accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. MD further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting in connection with the Competition.
- The Competition will be governed by English law.
- Promoter: My Destination Ltd, 18A Pindock Mews, London, W9 2PY, UK.
Thanks for reporting this comment to us, our team of local experts will review it ASAP
To Add to your favourites you first need to:
Why Join? Here's why!(See terms and conditions)
Added to Trip Planner!
Unless you login items are only saved temporarily.
Why Join? Here's why!
Hamborgarabullan, or just "Bullan" is a burger joint by the harbour in downtown Reykjavík. The place has an authentic retro feel to it, entering is sort of like stepping into a time machine. The walls are covered with old film posters and pictures drawn by kids during their mealtime, and the ceiling is decorated with light sets. The restaurant is owned by Tomas Tomasson, the true hamburger king of Iceland.
The menu features three sizes of hamburgers; A normal 120gr (4,2 oz) bullu-burger, a small 82gr (2,8 oz) bullu-burger, and a whopping double size at 164gr (5,8 oz). Of course, there are other options, such as the rib eye steak, chicken fillets, ham and cheese sandwich and a veggie burger that is famous for being the best of its kind in the whole city. On the dessert menu you'll find a deliciously tasty devil's food cake with a side of ice cream, and plenty of milkshakes. You can choose from five delectable flavours; chocolate, strawberry, caramel, vanilla and coffee.
To make choosing easier there is an 'The offer of the century', a mid-sized bulla-burger, French fries and a coke. The bulla-burger has been awarded the prize for best burger in Grapevine magazine for three years in a row now, to nobody's surprise. They only use the best ingredients possible, roughly ground top quality beef, cooked on an American gas barbecue. The burgers are all garnished with iceberg lettuce, tomato slices and chopped onions along with ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise. Don't miss Hamborgarabullanit while you're in Iceland.
To Add as your favourite you first need to:
Why Join? Here's why!
- Families With Children
- Lively Atmosphere
- Quick Bites
- Boys' Night Out
How to get there:
"I have found out that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them" - Twain