South Africa Travel Guides & Information
With a population of over 10 million people, Johannesburg is spread over a vast area, making it one of the 40 largest metropolitan areas in the world.
Marko & Alex experience this South African city from land, sea ...
You've hiked the Table Mountain highways - now give these new r...
Break out the backpack and take a hike in Cape Town
...and into the wilderness!
Virtual Tour & Video Showcase
Famed for exotic safaris and packed full of eco- diversity, South Africa is simply staggering in terms of its natural beauty. Home to arid savannah plains, lush green valleys, rugged mountains and verdant jungle vegetation, it has it all. Unsurprisingly, with a coastline stretching across both the Indian and Atlantic oceans, the possibilities for exploration are endless. Whether it’s a game drive through Kruger National Park, a shark dive in Gansbaai, a wine tasting tour in Stellenbosch or a climb to the plateau of Cape Town’s iconic Table Mountain, there is plenty to do and see. Rife with ethnic diversity, South Africa’s challenging history also remains central to its identity. Traveller’s need only glance at the barren landscape of Robben Island (where Nelson Mandela was held captive) to acknowledge the impact of the Apartheid. With an unbreakable spirit and an inherent vibrancy, however, the warmth of the South African people is ever present.
Did you know
- South Africa is home to the world’s largest baobab tree, it’s so big that there’s even room for a pub in the trunk!
- South Africa has the longest wine route in the world, Route 62.
- The Cape Floral Region in South has been classified a UNESCO World Heritage Site; 70% of the plant species here are not found anywhere else in the world.
- There are roughly 900 species of birds found in South Africa, making up 10% of the planet’s total bird species.
- South Africa is the first (and so far only) country in Africa to host the FIFA World Cup.
Destinations in South Africa
"Travel and change of pace impart new vigor to the mind" - Seneca